Railroad Forums 

• Who Made These Superliners?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1206602  by Death Star

I was browsing eBay for some old Model Railroader back issues and stumbled upon one from around 1989. The cover showed some Amtrak Superliners in HO I believe. THey were in Phase II and was wondering who made Superliners back in the 1980's? I am assuming Con-Cor or Walthers. Never heard of Atlas or Athearn making any Superliners.
Any information would be appreciated.
 #1206840  by Ken S.

Backshophoss wrote:Most likely Con-Cor,not sure if Bachmann did an attempt
Bachmann didn't do a Superliner. They are Con-Cor models.
 #1208467  by Montrealrail1

It was Con-Cor models,I had 3 of these in the past,the wheels sets was almost the same as the actual IHC or Rivarossi boggies,to add kadees on them,we were needed to get kadde # 508 and actually,we can also use Mc Henry couplers (MHC 52) to made them compatibles with kadee's couplers.

the frame was not too bad,and only the roof was removable,but no interiors and no weights in,that was the only things we haved to work to made them running great,now,I prefer from far the Walthers superliner cars,get more details and are RTR,and get steel wheels,easy to put lighting in..
more expensive but much more quality..I got a panoramic superliner in phase 4 and I'm very satisfied,now,I'm expecting to buy coachs,sleeper and baggage superliner car in phase 4 to make a good trainset :wink: