Railroad Forums 

• Whither the "Burnt Hill"?

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#972677  by jwhite07

Whatever became of BAR boat-tail observation car 107, the former "Burnt Hill"? Far as I can tell, she was still at Derby as late as 2007. I know other cars from the BAR business car fleet went to the Hobo, but I do not believe Burnt Hill was included.

Anyone have an idea of her whereabouts?
 #972796  by necr3849

There are still a few BAR cars sitting just inside the fence at Derby. For some reason, I want to say that is one of them. I could be wrong, though.
 #973312  by jwhite07

Thanks for the information. I tend to agree that it's probably still there. Railroads are pretty good at "if it ain't in the way, don't move it"! ;-)
 #974298  by shadyjay

While looking in my Morning Sun Books "Bangor & Aroostook in Color", I've always wondered what happened to the "Burnt Hill". I'm assuming the "Schoodic" is just another name for the "Suitsme", as both share the same number (BAR #100). That car survives on the Hobo RR in Lincoln NH, along with BAR #103 - Determination. See: http://www.pullmanrailtours.com/
Also shots in the book show the crew car "Five Islands" - wonder if that is still on the BAR/MMA property as well?