Railroad Forums 

• When will the Atlanta Training Center be @ 100%?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#106743  by CSX Conductor

When is the new Atlanta Training Center supposed to be operating at 100%? (i.e. all crafts trained there as intended). Supposedly the engineer school is still in Cumberland,Md. Is the engineer training the only craft that is not at Atlanta?

#106899  by PChap

Well I was just there last week, asked the same question, and couldn't get a firm answer. "Very soon" is the best answer I could get. They need to hurry with it. I'm sure there are some conductors turning down the opportunity because of the uncertainty where they will be training.

#107919  by CSX Conductor

PChap wrote: I'm sure there are some conductors turning down the opportunity because of the uncertainty where they will be training.
Well, that's an awefully foolish decision to make.

#108212  by roadster

That sure is foolish. By turning down their 1st opportunity their setting their eng. seniority back to when they attend the school. instead of their hire date if they attend when 1st called. I'll check with one of the guys here in Miami who is going soon, see where he has been told to report.

#156627  by CSX Conductor

Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but figured I'd post here again instead of creating a new, duplicate one.

Reason for asking is somebody mentioned in the "Employment Forum" that their husband was going to Philly for training for the Car Dept. Is Car Dept. training done in Philly?

Just curios as to whether or not the REDI Center is at 100% operation as far as all crafts.

Anybody have more info?

#156631  by blippo

I know there are no more classes for engineers in Cumberland

#156869  by CSX Conductor

Yes Blippo, I had heard that the last class in Cumberland was supposed to be in July, but haven't heard anything because usually they don't call more classes until the winter (at least around here).

#157304  by rocketman

Regarding Carmen training, it's done at AIT in Philly - the same place Conrail used to use for among other things - Conductor training. A friends brother just returned from Carmen school in Philly last week. AIT also offers courses on loco repair aswell - CSX was doing a pay to work program for mechaincs aswell but haven't heard of too many "graduates" yet.