Railroad Forums 

• When Did the P&W start interchanging in Willimantic?

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

#378051  by bshrdr

March 5th was the first revenue run.

M-F, usually in Willi around noon, and out of town 30-40 minutes later. Sometimes they meet NECR 608 in town as well.

#380185  by Lincoln78

How will this impact train watching in New London / Groton? I visit the Coast Guard Academy periodically.

Looks like NECR loses some revenue miles. P&W is probably thrilled to reduce exposure to the NEC. I suspect they also have a little bit of pain transitting the sub base.
 #924158  by murt

Worth noting that the Willimantic-Plainfield branch, and the interchange, is pretty much closed since the derailment in Lisbon. I believe cuts of 5 cars are allowed to travel at 5 MPH, something like that? Until there is regrading and such to bring it up to track class.
 #958723  by TOMT7X

NECR brought down over 99 cars just for P&W early today… 80 ethanol plus mixed interchange, they had the SD60’s running, 9014-9059-3901-4005 They just blew by north from Plainfield, heading towards to Worcester this late afternoon.. 9059 leading..