Railroad Forums 

• Wheelspur Recon 5/26th

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1272898  by DaveBarraza

Walked on my feet to Wheelspur and looked with my eyes from a publicly accessible location:

The switching lead has been cut back to a new bumper block, and the eastern section has been connected to C secondary with a new switch. There are two tracks in Wheelspur, one follows the perimeter, and one runs next to the two buildings.

It seems logical that they would be double ended, along with the switching lead as well, but I can't see any evidence (yet) of connections at the DB bridge end.

#1272925  by DogBert

Nice map. I drove by there the other day - that west end switch follows an old alignment of a track that was buried in the asphalt. Going to be nice to see freight being switched down there.

It will be a little silly if they don't add an east end switch.
 #1284091  by DaveBarraza

Haven't walked it, but from driving over the Pulaski it sure seems like the two new Wheelspur tracks now come together and rejoin the main right before the swing bridge.
 #1287396  by DogBert

Crews still working on this today. The lot looks a whole lot better than it used to (after the hurricane & fire).