Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #171606  by Sam Damon

A contact of a contact has asked me to post this information on railroad enthusiast-related sites.

Currently, West Virginia Northern Community College, which owns the former B&O railroad station in Wheeling, WV, is renovating the former station platforms into a park where students can study between classes. The college is also renovating the former Wheeling Wholesale Grocery building across the street from what used to be the train platforms. At one time, trains would proceed down 17th Street in Wheeling to stop at the station. Boxcars loaded with grocery items were switched into the grocery building, and unloaded there.

WVNCC is interested in acquiring copies of pictures of the station, or of the grocery building for a historical display. Contact:

Robert DeFrancis, Dean of Community Relations
WV Northern Community College
1704 Market Street
Wheeling, WV 26003-3699

I also have an email address and telephone number. PM me if you have pictures, and would rather contact Mr. DeFrancis that way.