Railroad Forums 

• whats up at csx?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#115362  by wifeof1

Boards being cut back to 2? Whats going on? Is the freight that slow right now-many new hires never even able to work. Boy would hate to have paid for and went to school to find out I can't hold the road or the yard.
Anyone know whats up at csx

#115409  by CSX Conductor

Usually the boards have a turn or couple of turns cut when they are not turning............otherwise the guarantee would be paid to more than they would like. Usually if a junior employee is cut frm a board or cannot even hold an extraboard, he/she may be told to go qualify on more territories by either the trainmaster, peer mentor or union rep. while things are slow.

Don't worry, most boards start to spin out of control in May, when many of the senior guys that own regular jobs go on vacation............you might actually get worn-out quickly from it.

#115533  by Cowford

CSX Conductor - any comments on the change of your Division Manager? Your new man's held in pretty high esteem throughout the company. Quite a shake-up at the senior level, no?

#115880  by CSX Conductor

Yes, it did come as a shock to many of us here (including management). I never met JD, but it really doesn't matter, I go to work to take care of our customers. :wink:

#115891  by LCJ

If you guys are going to have a private conversation, that's fine, but please use private messages. Otherwise, please tell the rest of us what you are discussing. If it's confidential, it shouldn't be on a public forum.

#115967  by roadster

Here's hoping the new blood will breath fresh life into the division. Strange thing is I'm hearing simular complaints from the CSX people here in Flordia that I heard from the Albany Division people. Trying to keep an open mind and hoping for the best.

#116029  by Noel Weaver

LCJ wrote:If you guys are going to have a private conversation, that's fine, but please use private messages. Otherwise, please tell the rest of us what you are discussing. If it's confidential, it shouldn't be on a public forum.
Come on, loosen up a little, this is interesting to me, a former Conrailer.
Noel Weaver

#117293  by mmi16

LCJ wrote:If you guys are going to have a private conversation, that's fine, but please use private messages. Otherwise, please tell the rest of us what you are discussing. If it's confidential, it shouldn't be on a public forum.
The following is the 'Press Release" for the chages that were announced. There were also other personnel changes that were not announced.

New Leaders Appointed to Key Operations Roles
News Archive

Released: Mar 18, 2005

Tony Ingram, executive vice president and chief operating officer, today announced key appointments in transportation, effective immediately.
Mike Pendergrass has been appointed vice president-transportation south
Bill Braman has been named Albany Division Manager
Rod Workman has been named Atlanta Division Manager
David Hamby has been named assistant division manager on the Atlanta Division
Bob Frulla has been named Jacksonville Division Manager
The new appointments come from the labor relations, service planning and transportation teams.

"These are key jobs that are critical to delivering for our customers and raising the bar on our performance," Ingram said. "These are all dedicated, proven railroaders who are committed to our core values, live by the accountability model and have the ability to assist us in reaching the next level of operating excellence."

#117297  by LCJ

Thanks for info. I scoured the corporate site and couldn't find that press release.

#117330  by CSX Conductor

Well, apparantly Selkirk is at a stand-still, yard crews aren't getting 'quits' any more, so they are allegedly dragging things out in return.

#117424  by LCJ

Interesting. That move has been tried there before a few times.

One question. How can you work for quits with RC? I don't know how that could work very well (or safely).

Letting Mike Peterson go was not a good idea, as I see it. Mike's a top notch railroader -- not many better that I've known. Looks like it's like NS II, now. Watch out folks.

#117614  by SnoozerZ49

LCJ
try some of your own medicine or advice. Who is Peterson and for that matter what difference does it make if some manager bites the dust! It's not like they are human!

#117696  by LCJ

SnoozerZ49 wrote:...what difference does it make...
Not a bit. Why do you ask?

#117738  by charlie6017

Lets get back on topic, please.............

#117862  by CSX Conductor

LCJ wrote:One question. How can you work for quits with RC? I don't know how that could work very well (or safely)
The jobs that I was referring to are on "The East End", which do not use remotes. :wink: