Railroad Forums 

• What really changed with Fraiser Canyon directional running

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#1034934  by train2

It's been a few years since I last visited Fraiser Canyon on CN and CP. My last visit was before the change to directional running. So I was wondering what changed with this? Which direction is on which line now?

And the most important question:of what did we gain or loose photographically with these changes? In other words, did this completely eliminate some/any of the better locations in the canyon because now the train is only going away at said locations?

The best example of this I can think of is at Cisco, it was a grand shot of a westbound on the upper bridge. Is that the direction the trains now run?

What are some of the best and worst results of these changes?

T2
 #1035010  by NS VIA FAN

Still plenty to photograph. I’ve been there a few times since directional running began and I haven’t really noticed any difference. With the twists/turns in the canyon and the crossing over to the opposite side, you can usually get something with the sun on the front.

Everything goes eastbound on CP and westbound on CN.....so yes, the upper bridge at Cisco is westbound traffic.

.....and BTW, it’s the Fraser Canyon.