Railroad Forums 

• what makes a topic "popular"

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#229940  by benltrain

what amount of posts in what amount of time makes a topic popular, or is it something else?

#230007  by Irish Chieftain

Sixteen posts or more, if I'm not mistaken.

#230016  by benltrain

Irish Chieftain wrote:Sixteen posts or more, if I'm not mistaken.
sixteen posts in one day? thanks

#230946  by charlie6017

No, not all in one day...........16 total.

#230950  by benltrain

charlie6017 wrote:No, not all in one day...........16 total.
that is wrong. plenty of topics are "unpopular" with 16 posts

#230999  by natethegreat

I believe it becomes popular when there is 3 or more pages.

#231001  by benltrain

No, some two page topics are popular. I think that is just because a topic has to get a lot of posts in a short time to get started up.

i think it is posts per day.. maybe 16???

#231180  by benltrain

otto, do you know? otherwise i am going to try it in the testing forum, and i'd rather avoid it as it could be considered against the rules and is not really in the spirit of rr.net. it could be seen as posting just to raise number of posts...

#231215  by ANDY117

number of views... It's popular after i believe 100.

#231262  by benltrain

i am going to have to say either when views=900 or when posts=somewhere in the 2 page range

#231280  by Otto Vondrak

As soon as you find out the answer, PLEASE E-MAIL ME IMMEDIATELY! I must know this information! It's been keeping us all up at night.

Eagerly waiting by the computer for your detailed report,

-otto-

p.s. - The light in the refrigerator really does go out when you close the door. Honest.

#231281  by benltrain

Otto Vondrak wrote:As soon as you find out the answer, PLEASE E-MAIL ME IMMEDIATELY! I must know this information! It's been keeping us all up at night.

Eagerly waiting by the computer for your detailed report,

-otto-

p.s. - The light in the refrigerator really does go out when you close the door. Honest.
hahaha...

no, i was just curious, and am done trying to figure this out...

#285107  by F40

I believe it is 25 replies for a topic to be "popular."

#285114  by ANDY117

NO IT DOESN'T OTTO! :-D IS MY REFRIGERATOR RUNNING? (looks out window):-D

It's views=100, or posts=15.