Railroad Forums 

• What local job uses Framingham seconday on Wednesday

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#944427  by MBTA1016

I was in Medfield where the secondary crosses 109 it had at least two engines and at least 6 box cars no locomotive numbers I had a cement truck between me and the crossing, this was around 2 today
 #944673  by MBTA1016

CSX Conductor wrote:B732, which used to be out of Readville, runs M-F from Framingham to Foxboro Terminal.
Thanks it seemed like all the local jobs are ether late at night or way to early for me to go see them
 #944852  by craven

The B725 moves North on the secondary M-F to Framingham between 6:30 - 7:00 AM Medfield time. I watch it pass in Sherbon most mornings between 7:00 -7:20. (4) GP40-2's with 35 - 85 cars in tow, depending on the day.
 #944968  by MBTA1016

I wasn't even trying to watch trains on the secondary I was going to a friends house, the train was heading towards Walpole didn't see it after it crossed 109 at all
 #946868  by craven

This morning the B725 passed through Sherborn pulling 118 cars...longest I've seen in a while and the (4)GP40 -2's were working..they product a nice tone when they're pulling a heavy load.
 #947456  by MBTA1016

craven wrote:This morning the B725 passed through Sherborn pulling 118 cars...longest I've seen in a while and the (4)GP40 -2's were working..they product a nice tone when they're pulling a heavy load.
How often is the Framingham secondary used on a regular day train wise by csx
 #955207  by MBTA1016

How many customers along does csx serve? I know it serves robert bury in Walpole and foxborough terminal. What's left for customer if any
 #955380  by CSX Conductor

Mbta fan wrote:How many customers along does csx serve? I know it serves robert bury in Walpole and foxborough terminal. What's left for customer if any
Robert Bury Panel was never a steady customer. I'm not sure if anyone is receiving cars at the old CTX siding off track 6 in Walpole. Other than Foxboro Terminals, the only other customer on the Framingham Secondary south of Walpole would be JP Noonan at the south end of Mansfield Yard.
 #955388  by MBTA1016

CSX Conductor wrote:
Mbta fan wrote:How many customers along does csx serve? I know it serves robert bury in Walpole and foxborough terminal. What's left for customer if any
Robert Bury Panel was never a steady customer. I'm not sure if anyone is receiving cars at the old CTX siding off track 6 in Walpole. Other than Foxboro Terminals, the only other customer on the Framingham Secondary south of Walpole would be JP Noonan at the south end of Mansfield Yard.
Thanks ive never seen a lot of cars in the yard right there anyway, most of the time when i see it it's empty or has only a couple of cars not every track has something on it
 #955446  by CSX Conductor

The yard is only used as an interchange point nowadays. Up until last year or the year before B736 originated in Walpole and they headed west to service the Franklin & Milford customers. The loads were dropped off at night by B725 out of Framingham, empties were taken by to Readville by B732 which passed them off to B731 which ran from Readville to Walpole and went north to Framingham after B725 went south over the diamond. B731 would get loads for the Readville customers and headed back to Readville. A new trainmaster came to Readville and tried condensing jobs and abolished the two Walpole jobs and B731 out of Readville. B732 was moved to Framingham and now brings cars for Readville to Walpole on their way to Foxboro and takes empties destined for Selkirk back from Walpole to framingham. B735 leaves it's empties and any empties from Readville at Walpole and transfers loads for Readville left by B732 back to Readville.
 #955510  by MBTA1016

Ok thanks for ur replies I'm interested in rail ops in the area