Railroad Forums 

• What is the Future of the NYS&W

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#437186  by Steve F45

the lodi branch is beeing used. they do the repairs to the c&d cars on it. i cought them last summer shoving ballast cars down it and across rt.17 at morning rush hour.

#446550  by ricebrianrice

1 month since Walter died, and nothing has changed, image that!

Sorry all the talk about the impending doom of the NYS&W when Walter Rich died, seems to have gone nowhere.

#446551  by pablo

Amen to that. It's been great to see that whatever he did, WR seems to have left intact something that didn't immediately die when he passed on, as is the case in other places.

Dave Becker

#446562  by washingtonsecondary

I was thinking the same thing last friday when me an my father chased SU-99 from Butler to Newfoundland. An 80+ car train rumbling through Butler is still a sight to behold. I looked for a conrail MOW truck to panic over, but darn it, I just couldn't find it anywhere.