Railroad Forums 

• What if NY&A had....

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #657186  by deandremouse

I keep having these wierd dreams that one day NY&A is going to get a pair of Gensets, but its just a dream.Image
 #657558  by Scrap em Again

Some power is possibly in the works. They will be leased units, but not new gensets. Will post more if I know more.
 #657674  by Mr GP10

Well Id say its about time. I would guess more GP-38-2s, GP-40s, or more LIRR MP-15s. Thanks for the info scrap em all. I know its been a while folks I have been busy. I know the U.P.R.R. has quite a few gen sets.
 #657675  by Mr GP10

I forgot to add, Scrap did they mention how many units? I would guess maybe 2? :-)
 #657749  by freightguy

Hey Scrap,

Remember the last time NYAR was getting "new " power, 3 engines appeared that were around since Eisenhower was president!
 #657974  by deandremouse

Nova55 wrote:Actually its still sitting in Gershow..
Hmmm Tis unit could be used to build a green goat.... basically thats what a new green goat/Genset is, A rebuilt 1st gen EMD loco. ImageImage
 #657975  by deandremouse

Nova55 wrote:Actually its still sitting in Gershow..
Hmmm Tis unit could be used to build a green goat.... basically thats what a new green goat/Genset is, A rebuilt 1st gen EMD loco. ImageImage
 #658260  by DogBert

i saw photos recently w/both sw1200s shut down next to the passenger car at fresh pond. I know one has been oos for ages, but it looked like the other one is dead now too.
 #658375  by Mr GP10

I think I may have an idea as to what possible power may be coming. Lets just wait and see..... :-)
 #658926  by Mr GP10

PHL # 103 A GP-9E is now on the LIRC. There is a pic of it there somewhere.
 #659184  by deandremouse

We are getting more crap from LIRC, pretty soon the SW1001s will meet their fate.( Most SW1001s surviving today have either died or rebuilt as on CSX). UGH The GP39s have messed up horns.I can't wait to see what hits NYA
 #659227  by ncvab

There was talk years ago about obtaining GP40's to use as trailing units.