Railroad Forums 

• What happened to RELCO's DL&W HH660?

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#553504  by N_DL640A

Quick question, I learned a number of years ago that RELCO had a former DL&W HH660. I know that they had made several (or all?) of their HH660s available for donation some years back. What happened to this one? (Is it indeed true that they owned a former Lackawanna unit in the first place???)
Thanks, all!
 #553795  by N_DL640A

Wow, that's great news! I didn't realize they still had any HH660s running, thanks for the info! Now would anyone happen to have any photos? Thanks again!
 #554725  by pablo

Yeah, that's the formerly operable locomotive that was donated and is now good for nothing more than a paint job, since it will never run again.

Different locomotive.

Dave Becker
 #554739  by Alcoman

pablo wrote:Yeah, that's the formerly operable locomotive that was donated and is now good for nothing more than a paint job, since it will never run again.

Different locomotive.

Dave Becker
If you wish to discuss the Relco # 606, lets start a new thread on that.
 #554740  by tomjohn

Agree about the new topic on that particular loco. However I thought being that it going from one company to another,I thought it could be of the same type of ALCO being discussed here. And that someone could get the general idea and possible picture of what ALCO'S HH660 looks like ...

Tom
 #555005  by GOLDEN-ARM

For info and pics about the HH series of Alco switchers, you might try looking HERE