• What happened to No Trespassing

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.

by umtrr-author

Seems to me that "If you enter you will be arrested" would be more effective if you want to scare someone.

Perhaps there is some specific reason why the sign is worded the way it is in this location. Is there a facility nearby?

by denvillerailfan

Uhhh? OK, "if you come in, we can check out what you have, if you don't like that, leave or we will kick you out. If you don't mind that, stay."?
So we're authorized to enter as long as they can search us - i'm good with that.

LOL - weirdest wording I've seen yet.
Given 'em time. I'm sure it gets better after the 'next' lawsuit.

by GOLDEN-ARM

The most "effective" sign I have ever witnessed, on private property:
Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be prosecuted.
I wouldn't enter there, unarmed................. :-D
  by Noel Weaver

NorfolkSouthernSean wrote:Looks like NS likes to use complicated big words. Maybe they try to scare people away with signs like this.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=163360
This looks like the type of a sign that would be posted at the entrance to
a van site or other area where non employees would need to enter. It
simply means that if you enter our property, you will be subject to
inspection and even search if necessary. Van sites are places where a
degree of pilferage takes place at times and can always assume to be at
risk for pilferage, usually a police presence nearby.
Noel Weaver

by Railfaninnj

Doesn't match the authority of the 10' high 'non-lethal' electrified fence around the CSX intermodal yard in South Kearny, NJ. Actions speak louder than words!

Jack
Central New Jersey Wide-Area Stream @ http://RailroadRadio.net
Last edited by Railfaninnj on Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by roadster

NS doing it's part to keep Lawyers employeed

by Off Pending

Railfaninnj wrote:Doesn't match the authority of the 10' high 'non-lethal' electrified fence around the CSX intermodal yard in South Kearny, NJ. Actions speak louder than words!

Jack
Central New Jersey Wide-Area Stream @ http://RailroadRadio.net
CSX's contracted $7 an hour security guards spent more time zapping each other with the fence after it was installed, than they did trespassers.

I know of at least one instance where one guard deactivated a portion to handle opening or closing some gates, and another guard turned the darn thing back on while the guy was messing with them.

So much for a job safety briefing. :-)

As others have said ... it's probably posted at the entrance to an Itermodal yard, where non-rail employees routinely enter the facility as part of conducting business. I've seen similar signs at other TOFC/COFC facilities on the system.

by Schuylkill Valley

Just face the facts, NS doesn't like railfans or anyone eles. I don't think they like their selves eirther. lol.

Len.

by Lehighrrgreg

Last edited by Lehighrrgreg on Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Gilbert B Norman

The wording of the sign appears quite similar to that found at military and other US Government facilities. That one seeks to enter the facility means they have given implicit consent to have person and property searched, and if one chooses to withdraw this consent, they will be denied access to the facility.

I fail to see any harm nor do I see any violation of anyone's "civil rights'; in our post 9/11 era it simply represents due dilligence in safeguarding the property.

by mowretired

:wink: Looks to me like you all are reading it wrong. That train needs a crew. When they show up they better not be drunk, buzzed or holding. If they are they better not come on the property. AWOL is easyer to get out of than a hot piss test.

by jgallaway81

And a miss-call is easier then AWOL even.