Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

#1025328  by Tadman

I was eastbound on the toll road about 10pm. US20 was blocked by police from East Chicago Station to the point a few miles east of the bend where it stops paralleling the tracks. Two dark police cruisers were driving down the NICTD ROW approximately 100 yards west of the 912/Cline avenue overpass, and two more police cruisers were stopped on the tollway underneath the Gary Avenue exit that leads on to Cline Avenue.
 #1025683  by jb9152

Tadman wrote:I was eastbound on the toll road about 10pm. US20 was blocked by police from East Chicago Station to the point a few miles east of the bend where it stops paralleling the tracks. Two dark police cruisers were driving down the NICTD ROW approximately 100 yards west of the 912/Cline avenue overpass, and two more police cruisers were stopped on the tollway underneath the Gary Avenue exit that leads on to Cline Avenue.
Sounds like either a trespasser incident, or a police chase on foot of a suspect that escaped via the NICTD ROW. But I'm just speculating.