Railroad Forums 

• Wharton (CP) Upgrades

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1254448  by ApproachMedium

sixty-six wrote:
ApproachMedium wrote:Has anyone even read the amtrak rule book? Probably not. I also made an oopsie, its actually listed as 261 and not 251.

Track 4 Ham to County is eastbound rule 562 cab signals used without fixed automatic signals. ABS, CSS and 261 are in effect for eastbound movements. Reverse movements by 502(B)
Westbound is fixed abs signals in service for westbound movements only. ABS, CSS and rule 261 are in effect for westbound movements and reverse movements are rule 562(B).

That makes more sense.
Well, now that makes much more sense, doesn't it? :P

LOL yes it does. I started to think about it when you were talking to me about it earlier. im was thinking no i remember the note having a lot more info but i took it for granted that they would have put something that dumb in the book, but alas, i was wrong.
 #1310797  by jmp883

I noticed there is a new two-target home signal (covered; not yet active) on Track 2 at Wharton facing west. Both westbound signals (on Tracks 1 & 2) also have new side protruding signal heads between the two targets (covered; not yet active) capable of displaying Rule 280a: Clear to the Next Interlocking.
Where are those new signals? I drive through there daily and the only change I've noticed is the old signals being removed.
 #1314334  by nick11a

jmp883 wrote:
I noticed there is a new two-target home signal (covered; not yet active) on Track 2 at Wharton facing west. Both westbound signals (on Tracks 1 & 2) also have new side protruding signal heads between the two targets (covered; not yet active) capable of displaying Rule 280a: Clear to the Next Interlocking.
Where are those new signals? I drive through there daily and the only change I've noticed is the old signals being removed.
Yes, all of the automatic signals between MORRIS and WHARTON were removed in November when NJT cut-in Rule 562 between MORRIS and WHARTON. The new two-target home signal on Track 1 in the west direction at WHARTON were added right where the east signal is. This signal was needed as Track 1 is now Rule 261 (signalled in both directions) when before it was Rule 251 (signalled in one direction; eastward only) between MORRIS and WHARTON.

As a side-note, the hand crossover at Lake Junction is still there for use by NS and the M&E, but now there is a timer lock on Track 1.