Railroad Forums 

• West Switch at Pine-Aire DEF Being Re-installed?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1219809  by SwingMan

Per the MTA website, there is a "switch replacement" between Deer Park and Brentwood going on. I know the DEF was cut off from the derailment a while back, and has been stub ended since, are they by chance re-installing it? Last time I was out there was in the summer so I want to see if anyone nearby noticed anything.
 #1222090  by freightguy

I remember they cleared the trees near the driving range a few years back, wonder if that was in anticipation of the switch being moved. Don't be surprised when the last segment of double track is completed if they interlock the west end( like Pw siding Farm)into JS. The only problem now with the switch moved up you won't have the head room to come out of the siding to sit at a stop signal and have the gates down. It may be a long time before the siding is extended that far west. They may also have to bring in some fill to raise the siding pretty steep on that side(north of the main)west of the former switch. This is all speculation, if it was extended the siding would probably hold around 80 cars end to end.