Railroad Forums 

• West Side Line photographs

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1238490  by YamaOfParadise

I'm trying to dig up some photographs of the elevated portions of the West Side Line in NYC. I'm working on a level for a game based on it, and while I definitely have some photographs (via the park's website), I'm interested to see if there are any other photographs lying around. I'm particularly interested in any older color photographs that might exist, and also the demolished lower portion (including St. John's Park Terminal). I'm especially interested in any interior shots of it, be it the sidings for businesses on the line, inside the terminal itself, or just any tunnels through buildings.

Any help given is greatly appreciated; I can do this project fine with the pictures I have, but it'll certainly help. Just knowing the history of this line is valuable enough to ask for this, anyways.