Railroad Forums 

• West End stuff

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#142547  by CAR_FLOATER

Who says all I can talk about is NY Harbor stuff? I'm sure it's been here before, but check this out at http://rrsignal.com/railroad/ctc.htm
The Niagra Junction tower CTC machine! There's lots more LV stuff to found on the site, too.

Have a good weekend, all.........

Car Floater

#142598  by dj_paige

So help me understand what this board represents. Obviously, the tracks to Niagara Falls are at the bottom. Am I correct in understanding this board that for a short distance, there is one track heading towards Niagara Falls? To the left of the picture (which would be east), there are four tracks. Are they two sidings, or was the LV quadruple-tracked here? To the right of the board (which would be west) are six tracks ... how many are sidings, how many (and which ones) are the tracks to Tifft Yard?

#143206  by rwhite502

The panel controlled two interlockings - Niagara Junction (the wye) where the tower was, and Tifft Junction - which was remote. Its only a few miles between the two interlockings.

The left side of the panel leads to New York - there is a siding above and below the mainline.

The right side heads to Buffalo (lower two mainline tracks), with a siding below. The uppermost three tracks head to Tifft terminal.

The bottom two tracks lead to Niagara Falls. When the panel was retired, only one track was in service - track 2 was masked over.

More detailed pics can be provided.

Oh : http://www.thebluecomet.com/lvrr.html

4th to last picture on this site shows the inside of the tower with later additions to the machine to the left - heading towards Rochester.

TTFN,

Rich / rrsignal.com