Railroad Forums 

• Welcome Back to the Reading Forum

• Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.
Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.

Moderator: Franklin Gowen

#1125479  by Jeff Smith

I'm beginning to reconstitute the separate Anthracite Forums. Bear with me while the process takes place. In any case, enjoy. I'm sure your moderator, Franklin Gowen, will have more to add, including guidelines and rules.
 #1126005  by Franklin Gowen

Welcome back, everyone!

Later announcements of mine here will establish our rules of conduct, and anything else that everybody needs to know before getting started here. Please be patient. If you have any questions about how this sub-forum operates, please send me a Private Message directly.

For now, a few other thoughts with which to kick off this wonderful event...

Firstly, railroad.net site administrator Jeff Smith deserves a big thank-you for his generosity in working with the remaining active moderators of the Anthracite mega-forum and beginning the careful process of "un-Conrail-ing" said mega-forum. It's been a long time coming, yes, but the hour is at hand. This happy event is indeed proof that Jeff Smith rules. :P

Considering the Reading Company's very powerful position among the anthracite railroads' historical accomplishments, traffic levels and other yardsticks by which one can measure greatness, it seems appropriate that this particular fallen-flag railroad's discussion forum is now leading the charge as we start the transition back to separate forums for each anthracite railroad's enthusiasts and students of history. I'm confident that the other anthracite railroads will have their individual forums back in the near future.

Secondly, I have resumed sole moderatorship over the new version of the Reading Company forum. My goal is to migrate all of the RDG content back into this forum. It's a substantial and tedious job, but as time allows I'll be working on this until the task is eventually completed. Please bear with me; I know this will be a very lengthy process.

Thirdly, I want to extend a welcoming handshake to the devoted and knowledgable members of this website who formerly shared their knowledge of the railroad & its operations and history with the rest of us Reading admirers. It's no secret that the tenure of the combined Anthracite Railroads mega-forum did not turn out to our advantage. :( Thankfully, those days are now over. I invite all of the distinguished members who once posted here to share their Reading Company railroad knowledge and insight with us once again.

While RDG-centric web forums on other websites have also been neglected, withering or otherwise verging upon going "off the air" for reasons of their own, I hope we can reverse that trend. Let's work together to make this Reading Company outpost at railroad.net into the glossy black jewel it once was -- the King Coal of all such RDG web forums. ;-)