Railroad Forums 

• WC power

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#289941  by U-Haul

They have fuel thirsty engines, most railroads want four axle units, and they are getting a bit gray at the temples.

Steve Irwin
February 22nd 1962 - September 4th 2006

#291279  by Tadman

Thanks for the answer.

Cary Grant
1904-1986

#344025  by EJ&ESDM809

Get you pics of the remaining WC SD45s that are still in service NOW! CN is retiring the remaining SD45s. From what I have heard, they are all going to be retired in the very near future. Several more have already been retired since I heard CN was doing this. I am not sure how many are left in service. They wanted them all gone by the end of 2006. Luckily, they were not able to retire them all, but that means they will probably not see much more service, at least on CN.