Railroad Forums 

• WB & E RailRoad old grade visable

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#216896  by Proformance cycle

The old Grade where the WB & E ran is now visable. They have cleared the area off Route 81 near Walmart. You have to be traveling North to view this. Just before the exit look to your right. You can see the Elevated Grade above the contor of the surrounding land. From here it heard into the "S" Curve. Mostly gone also.
 #298196  by geep39

Are you sure that's not the old CNJ?

Two other spots you can see the WB&E grade are on the PA turnpike (I476) southbound at Milepost 99.7 the turnpike cuts across the grade there. You can also see roadbed off to the right just before you get there, too.

The other spot is also southbound on I-380, just before it intersects with I-80 south of Mount Pocono. The grade is in between the lanes. A cement batch plant on the right destroyed some of the other visible parts, though.
 #298501  by JhnZ33

geep39 wrote:Are you sure that's not the old CNJ?
That is definately the WB&E. We hiked that whole area down to the WB connecting bridge and we can point out the ROW all the way down. Check out Microsoft's terra server.

John
 #310714  by s4ny

I was up at Camelbeach this summer and was on the lookout for traces of the WB&E. As you are going up hill, past Camelbeach on Camelback Rd right at the Pocono/Jackson town line, you can clearly see the roadbed in the parking lot on the right.

This location is very close to Coolmoor on the historic maptech Pocono southeast quadrant.

http://historical.maptech.com/getImage. ... g&state=PA