Railroad Forums 

• Waterbury button dies. Railroad?

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#1573091  by udoittwo

ImageI have 2 Waterbury button dies. Just wondering if these could be Railroad or Military?
W/M or M/W? No idea, could it have been a Western Maryland pattern that wasn't accepted or even Willian & Mary College?
Thanks for your thoughts,
Karl.
Attachments:
DSCN9643.JPG
DSCN9643.JPG (243.41 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
 #1573186  by STrRedWolf

From my friend in West Virginia:
As far as the buttons, I would also like to see the markings on the back, manufacturer, etc. same size close in will do. Off the top of my head, no. Except they appear to be 1900-1940. One of the reasons I need to see the backs of both. If they are indeed local, M is probably MD. But I do not think the are B&O. I have had those, didn't look like these. They do look high quality. Probably Horstman and Co. Baltimore on theb back? I will check into it. Neat looking though.
 #1574912  by BAR

I am an alumnus and also a retired William and Mary professor and that is not a W&M logo. The college has a logo employing the entwined letters w and m but it looks nothing like this button.

BAR