Railroad Forums 

• Watchin Them GO's

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#77059  by trainmaster_1

Well anyways I was at the Strachan Ave. crossing last night to catch the rush hour GO's go by and I think Ken knows what I'm talking about but anyways here are some night shots that I took of a couple of GO Trains and a VIA.

This shot is GO Train 155 heading west on the south track on CP's Galt Sub

This is the crossing being activated by 209 who's just 1200 ft. away from the crossing

Another shot of 209 whizzing through, boy every GO Train I saw had the F59's open up in full throttle.

Another one shows up on the south track of CN's Weston Sub and its GO Train 805 thats destined for the Newmarket Sub.

The shot of the signals just a couple of feet west of the crossing all except one showing high green, sorry about it being blurry, its too cold, and my hands were frozen.

Another one this time on CP's Galt Sub and its GO Train 157, 20 mins behind 155 who is somewhere at the Kipling GO Station (or justing departing it).

Next up on CN's Weston Sub is VIA Train 83 (Toronto - Sarnia)

GO Train 211 shows up a couple of mins after VIA Train 83 roars through, 211 and the other GO Trains that use the Weston Sub except 801, 805 and 809 stop at Bloor Station

Last One for me and its GO Train 809 on the south track whipping through, in just 3 mins or less this train is on CN's Newmarket Sub going north to Bradford.

Hope you all enjoyed it, maybe I should post the picture of VIA's #1 The Canadian that I caught this morning.
 #77274  by Ken V

trainmaster_1 wrote:Well anyways I was at the Strachan Ave. crossing last night to catch the rush hour GO's go by and I think Ken knows what I'm talking about... :wink:
Great photos! Even with the long exposure and moving trains I can still make out the VIA F40 and HEP II coaches.

You can also get a small taste of the action here by tuning in to Global TV at 7:30 most weeknights. :-)