Railroad Forums 

• Watch out for that NYRR

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #10906  by fatheroflies

Railroad.net has changed again, but the Father of Lies is still here. Judging by all the press releases spewed forth by that bustling NYRR, things must really be booming in Bush Terminal. All that heavy train activity will keep the weeds down for sure.

On the other hand, it good to see positive movement on the NY&A.

#11210  by krispy

And how about that stock? Such a deal!!

#11244  by lirrmike

I'm a little lost, did I miss something? I haven't seen anything about the Cross Harbor in some time.

Mike

#11353  by fatheroflies

They have annouced that they have a new partner or financier, Transit Rail, LLC. They have made a number of recent press releases regarding the transaction. It appears to be dilution effort, but there is talk of a large transfer station being contructed in Greenville and some kind of infrastructure improvement plan. They also announced that they purchass two locomotives, but no details were given on that.

As usual, when I see it I will lend some credibility to it.

#11368  by RRChef

Where did you see these press releases? I looked on their website and it hasn't been updated in over a year.

BTW, I sold my 8,000 shares in NYRR last year where it dropped to 25 cents.

#11417  by fatheroflies

Chef:

Check here:

http://www.pinksheets.com/quote/news.jsp?symbol=NYRR

The NYRR website is truly horrible. They ought to just take it down if they don't wish to update it.

The share price is half what you sold your shares at.
 #513885  by freightguy

The pontoon style float bridge was rebuilt this summer(2007). Hopefully it will continue to be used unlike the 2 Float bridges at 65 St yard rebuilt in 1999. Some longer cars still have trouble negeotiating curves, after being pulled off float for delivery to NYAR interchange!

#513910  by Sir Ray

Stock Price: $0.00001 :P
So, does NYRR have any plans for this year 2008 in terms of expansion, capital programs, new customers, etc?
To be fair, you can include the Jersey side too...

#513983  by Nova55

NYRR is officially no more as of 2 weeks ago..Even still, They haven't operated since 2006 when NYNJR took over.

#514071  by Sir Ray

Nova55 wrote:NYRR is officially no more as of 2 weeks ago..Even still, They haven't operated since 2006 when NYNJR took over.
Oops, Oh yeah, I forgot...
NYNJ's website ain't exactly thrilling either...
NYNJR

#514221  by Nova55

At least its "fairly" up to date...NYRR's was not touched for a long time before it went under..