Railroad Forums 

• Warwick Eastbound Thursday October 19, 2017

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1447720  by David Hutchinson

I also posted this under SU99/100..... very loud eastbound coming out of Warwick this morning around 6 AM. I ran outside since it sounded like a very low flying helicopter.... had what sounded like a Nathan 3 chime horn.... maybe a detour?
 #1447827  by Marty Feldner

It was a very late SU-100; by me at 0550 hrs. Also, running one day later than normal; Sunday night/Monday morning SU-100 thrashed a traction motor west of Port Jervis that threw the schedule off by a day. (The info was on the NYS&W Facebook page, but buried in the usual juvenile blather there.)
 #1447932  by Marty Feldner

Angus202 wrote:Is there a better resource for NYS&W operations aside from FaceCook (which no matter the poster age, is all Juvenile blather)?
Unfortunately, no- at least that I'm aware of. There are at least two mailing lists on Yahoo (one has its roots in Usenet from before the Web), but most of that traffic has gone to FB. Just have to wade through the sludge...