Railroad Forums 

• Want lots of SPAM sent to your email?

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#562442  by Otto Vondrak

HOW TO GET SPAM

If you want to make sure spammers pick up your email address, make sure you post it in every message. Email addresses can be harvested by the spammers from the text of posts, so that's a quick and easy way to give them your contact info.

HOW CAN YOU PROTECT YOURSELF?

Don't put your email address in the body of your post!

CAN THEY GET MY EMAIL ADDRESS FROM MY PROFILE?

No! You can enter your email address into your profile, and the spammers won't be able to get it. If someone wants to contact you, they can either click on the "PM" icon next to your name to send you a private message on this forum, or they can click on the little envelope icon to send you an email. They never see your address, unless you choose to respond to them through your regular email.

-otto-
 #564918  by Otto Vondrak

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

DON'T:
Hi! I'm looking for information on the XYZ Central Railroad. My grandfather worked for the line. There's a book I found, but it doesn't tell very much. Anyone else know about this line? Please email me at [email protected].
DO
Hi! I'm looking for information on the XYZ Central Railroad. My grandfather worked for the line. There's a book I found, but it doesn't tell very much. Anyone else know about this line? You can either PM or email me through the links in my profile at right.