Railroad Forums 

• Walthers turntable

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#8903  by Ed Byrnes

In the old forum I believe there was a topic dealing with the problems with the Walthers turntable (powered variety). I want to put a turntable in my layout at the terminal end to send my locos back out. Nothing fancy, non-powered with just a service facility with no roundhouse. I thought about scratch building one, but soon realized it would cost more and be a technical problem for me. In the Walthers 2004 catalog on pg 542, Heljan has a turntable that can be powered with the Walthers drive mechanism. My question; is the Walthers and Heljan one and the same; does Walthers import Heljans and market it as their own? Also has anyone used the Heljans turntable? Thanks in advance for any info.

#9067  by Otto Vondrak

The turntable model is great. THE WALTHERS DRIVE STINKS. DO NOT BUY IT. It's underpowered and poorly constructed. Find a different drive to run it.

-otto-

#11007  by Ed Byrnes

Thanks, Otto. I apologize for the delay.