Railroad Forums 

• Walden Running Track (NYC)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1373373  by Otto Vondrak

I was born in Walden and I have faint memories of train operations on the old Walkill Valley Railroad (NYC) track between Walden and Campbell Hall. This is the track that M&NJ leases from NS. Does anyone have access to any track maps or valuation maps for this line? I was doing some research and I was hoping to find some more data for my project... Thanks!

-otto-
 #1373407  by the trainguy

I have all the track maps/valuation books for all the Conrail divisions from 1981.
I'm pretty sure that the entire Walkill Branch is listed.
I'll take a look.

Bob
 #1373434  by Train Detainer

Otto - Sending you an email with track maps....
 #1438291  by bhillmantek7

I have been trying to locate the New York Central Timetable ( pre-1937) that would include Passenger Train operations on the Walkill Branch between Kingston and Montgomery NY. I don't find it in either the System timetable or West Shore timetable from the 1920's ... would it be in the Local Service timetables? Some gentlemen fromt he NYC Historical Society were very helpful and found it in the Employee TT but no luck with the Passenger TT. I did find the CAtskill Mountain Branch trains but no mention of the Walkill Valley Line.
 #1438361  by Otto Vondrak

There's a listing in Form WS2, the West Shore "long form" (New York-Buffalo) timetable. There's a panel for Walkill Valley Branch in my April 30, 1922 edition, and in my September 29, 1935 edition, and in my June 23, 1935 edition. Those are the only WS2's I have (WS1 was the "suburban" schedule showing commute trains between Weehawken and Albany). Catskill Mountain Branch was form WS3.

-otto-