Railroad Forums 

• Volume 2, Mike Bednar book?

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#16878  by Conehead 94'

First off great book Mike and it was worth the wait. And from what little I know of the Lehigh Valley RR, accurate. You see I am just a "pup" and have very little practical experiance with the workings of the Valley or the people that work for it. However, having known some of these railroaders in the book I have asked them a few questions about the lines Mike has written about. They can attest that Mikes info is accurate and pretty much how it was for that time and a lot of other stories and happenings that shoudln't be written about to protect the innocent. :wink:
I feel that if you are a true LV fan both Bednar books are a must. And if a modelor you can't beat the different angles and variety.
As for any knocks on the book from me there are none. I especially liked the New York state part of the book for which I really didn't know much about. The section Mike had help from local LV railroad men and historians.
Keep up the good work.
As for the "robbing the dead" and making up captions that is very tacky. Be able to at least back up that statement, true all books have mistakes but that was uncalled for.
Extra: To Mike it was very nice to see a very young and stupid "Smokey" and Andy Raub in the cabbose. And as Andy would say to Mr. Pick "What are you simple!"
If you are a Valley fan get the book you won't be disappointed.
To Chico: The Stahleys miss you
 #17240  by lvrr 560

My friend and I contributed a large number of slides for Vol. 2.

I want to assure Tamping Pick that we are both very much alive.

#17369  by Tamping Pick

Anyone know any Dalameter brothers. Are they mentioned any where in Mikes books? And I don't bid on E-Bay or go to auctions. Keith ,I've talked to you many times on the net.Nice PENN HAVEN/M&H artifact you got there. I don't like your threat much.The old forum that we had here was built without the use of Mike's books , but a lot of time/research and help from many other members here. I posted MANY questions on this forum(old one) and others that Keith,Mike or any of the other guys just don't know or won't answer. I don't think there answered in any of the books either.I believe they are about 2-3 years old on the one forum.I also never posted bogus info on the R&N forum.I stay within what I know, which aint much about present day ops and roster.I do whatch where the money goes. Because I think it's a good thing the lines get funded. R&N has recieved many a million( almost 70 or so total) dollars for rehab.,maybe more. I lost the links. That hasn't been spent on rehab. Again read that thread and try to understand what it says! I don't care about the R&N, but I care about my kids having a good time in the gorge. Nothing like a chlorine/LPG car derailing in the gorge to ruin ones life. I have no regrets on what I said about Mike, and I plugged his books to lots of people, I just won't give him my money. Why does everyone have a problem with this?
PICK
 #17763  by IRN750

The problem PICK is you don't know what you are talking about! How could all these people be wrong but you are right. Mike gives credit to anyone who gave him pictures or info in this book. You have no clue what you are talking about. and What does Mike Bednar have to do with the how the R&N handles money track maint. or anything else. He just works there like alot of other people or maybe they are responsible too for what Andy Muller does. Don't accuse people of things without backing it up with facts and not B/S. The only thing clear to me is that you are trying to make trouble where there is none. Get a Life. and by the way what Keith Bednar said goes for me too. The Other Brother Danny.

#17767  by LV TUG

I think that about says it all, but I also think we should move on, as much as I whole-heartedly agree, not to mention seeing someone put in their place for running their mouth off.......Otto, can the thread be locked? I think that's what it's gonna take unfortunately.

#17774  by scottychaos

LV TUG wrote:I think that about says it all, but I also think we should move on, as much as I whole-heartedly agree, not to mention seeing someone put in their place for running their mouth off.......Otto, can the thread be locked? I think that's what it's gonna take unfortunately.
I agree Tug,
this topic has run it usefull life.
it is no longer about a book and has just become nothing but personal attacks..(and I consider the "defenders of Mike" posts to also be flames, just for the record..)
everyone has had their say, there is nothing more that needs to be said.
I wasnt going to lock this, but when people start ASKING for a topic to be locked! thats when its time.. :wink:
the railroad.net forum rules clearly state "no flames"..
so lets move on..lets keep this forum to friendly discussions about the LV..
thanks,
Scot