• Virgin Rail née Brightline/AAF Orlando - Miami FL FEC

• This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Virgin Rail USA formerly known as Brightline, and Virgin Worldwide Rail operations, past and present.
    Websites: Current Brightline
    Virgin USA
    Virgin UK
This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Virgin Rail USA formerly known as Brightline, and Virgin Worldwide Rail operations, past and present.
Websites: Current Brightline
Virgin USA
Virgin UK

Moderator: CRail

by BandA

Unless the FRA has a regulation limiting how long a "temporary shutdown" remains temporary, it is just like a hurricane or trackwork or signal work or temporary annulment. I don't see why they would not be allowed to restart with a December deadline for PTC, if they wanted to. But since we are in a recession much larger than after 9/11, it makes economic sense to wait.

Does Virgin/Brightline have economic interest in the real estate development around the stations, or was that sold along with the freight?
  by Gilbert B Norman

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... e=url_link

Mr. Jade, Bloomberg's reporting of this development seems to have a less restrictive paywall than does the source you located.

The article appearsvto be "one in same".

Finslly, allow me to note, Sir Richard seems to have more "pressing issues" within his "empire" at this time; and I hold that the fate of Brightline does not depend upon his participation, which to me appears nothing beyond "hornin nin".