Railroad Forums 

• What if... (and a test)

• Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail
Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail

Moderator: David

#173959  by jmchitvt

Often dream what the L&H would be like today - so please go on beyond what Mary has shared with us, and kindly show it!!

THE bridge should have been fixed - a L&H Allentown to New England route is as needed today as it was 105 years ago!!

I lay awake early AM here in Vermont recalling hearing HO-6 strugging Buttzville on up to Townsbury with 3 RS's....

#174025  by SooLineRob

A heavy HO6 grinding uphill was a little before my time...but an SW type switch engine with 7 cars sitting on track 1 at Great Notch depot waiting for a three unit eastbound to crawl by, wheels squealing and sand floating in the breeze, all in EL paint, is a memory I do have...

It may be a little bit 'til I get any painting done this winter, but I'll surely post the results...I think the paint scheme will work pretty good. The green, gold lettering, and the "Radio" lightning bolts on the nose should make for a believable "what if" in my basement...and my Midwest friends won't know the L&H never had these units anyway...LOL! They're all NP, GN, and CMStP&P fans...

#206054  by BlockLine_4111

rfalcone wrote:Good looking locomotive Marty.

I have always thought that a C-628 would look good in L&H colors, similar to the scheme of the C-420s.
How 'bout a C-636?

#206059  by Marty Feldner

BlockLine_4111 wrote:
How 'bout a C-636?
How 'bout it- want one? Do it.

#216176  by wess

Marty Feldner wrote:
BlockLine_4111 wrote:
How 'bout a C-636?
How 'bout it- want one? Do it.
So should we ask this guy who suggested it how his progress is going? You got my curiousity up now
joe

#475167  by Lehighton_Man

hmm. I'll look into the C-636.
Recently, I have only liked the Lehigh Valley, But now, any railroad that begins with Lehigh in its name, has my attention.
Marty-
Quick Favor.
What Font is that, that you used on the PA1?
Thanks,
Sean

#537491  by Lehighton_Man

To pump new life into an old Topic:

on a vote guys:
What do you want next:
1. M420
2. C630/C636 (ethier-or)
3. name a unit
Im willing to do these, if you all are interested!
Cheers.
Sean

#539903  by wess

Lehighton_Man wrote:To pump new life into an old Topic:

on a vote guys:
What do you want next:
1. M420
2. C630/C636 (ethier-or)
3. name a unit
Im willing to do these, if you all are interested!
Cheers.
Sean
My vote would be the M420, just for grins and giggles

#539907  by Lehighton_Man

alright, one vote ruling. M420 it is! I'll try to sneak it in somewhere behind this mysterious RS3 im working on now.. hehe
Cheers.
Sean

#540367  by wess

Have fun

#541827  by Tadman

The geep looks good, but I see this road being like Arkansas and Missouri or WNYP - they would have held on to their Alcos and maybe bought some from Conrail when they retired their Alcos.

As for the PA, I cannot see it hauling a streamliner. However, I can see it hustling a mixed collection of passenger cars along the LHR, maybe a heavyweight baggage, some rebuilt surplus hospital cars, and heavyweight observation lounge. Something along the lines of Monon's passenger trains. Always clean, but not always matching and definitely not the 20th Century.