• HEADS UP: Heritage Units on NS Southern Tier

  • Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

  • 781 posts
  • 1
  • 48
  • 49
  • 50
  • 51
  • 52
  • 53
  by Deeretracks
 
1068 (Erie) was a rear DPU on today's 310. I caught it on its home rails in Tioga Center at 2:05 pm and it was in Binghamton by 3
  by Matt Langworthy
 
The GoRail unit #6963 is trailing on NS 37T. According to at least one FB report, the train was spotted at Waverly earlier this morning.

P.S. I know the GoRail unit is not a true heritage unit, but it is tracked on the HU website and IMO does fall under the umbrella of special locomotive sightings.
  by sd80mac
 
Matt Langworthy wrote:The GoRail unit #6963 is trailing on NS 37T. According to at least one FB report, the train was spotted at Waverly earlier this morning.

P.S. I know the GoRail unit is not a true heritage unit, but it is tracked on the HU website and IMO does fall under the umbrella of special locomotive sightings.

By Hornell at 1:13pm
  by Matt Langworthy
 
Correction: the GoRail unit was leading
  by sd80mac
 
Matt Langworthy wrote:Correction: the GoRail unit was leading
Oh well. Didnt catch that error
  by Deeretracks
 
1072 Illinois Terminal is on today's 310. Location is currently unknown
  by BR&P
 
Deeretracks wrote:1072 Illinois Terminal is on today's 310. Location is currently unknown
Somebody better do a welfare check on Matt! Somebody else beat him to posting the info - hope he's all right! :wink:
  by Deeretracks
 
Info from HU... 310 in Girard, PA at 10:45 this morning. 1072 is the second unit, with NS 4158 leading. 132 cars, DPUs UP 8744 and NS 2751, followed by 77 cars
  by Matt Langworthy
 
The Interstate unit is leading NS 28N today. The "Creamsicle" was spotted in North East, PA a little over 2 hours ago, so #8105 should be on the Tier this afternoon.
  by Matt Langworthy
 
BR&P wrote:
Deeretracks wrote:1072 Illinois Terminal is on today's 310. Location is currently unknown
Somebody better do a welfare check on Matt! Somebody else beat him to posting the info - hope he's all right! :wink:
I am often at an undisclosed location on the weekend. ;)
  by BR&P
 
Matt Langworthy wrote:I am often at an undisclosed location on the weekend. ;)
What were you convicted of, and how many weekends do you have to serve? :wink: :wink: :wink:
  by charlie6017
 
BR&P wrote:What were you convicted of, and how many weekends do you have to serve? :wink: :wink: :wink:
  by Deeretracks
 
8098, Conrail, is DPU on today’s 310. May already be on the Tier. 1072 snuck through leading 23K overnight and is in Ohio headed to Chicago now. May make a return trip on 22K. Keep an eye out!
  by Matt Langworthy
 
BR&P wrote:
Matt Langworthy wrote:I am often at an undisclosed location on the weekend. ;)
What were you convicted of, and how many weekends do you have to serve? :wink: :wink: :wink:
Haha!!! No troubles with the law- just not home. My flip phone doesn't play well with the internet.
  by Matt Langworthy
 
Deeretracks wrote:8098, Conrail, is DPU on today’s 310. May already be on the Tier. 1072 snuck through leading 23K overnight and is in Ohio headed to Chicago now. May make a return trip on 22K. Keep an eye out!
The CR unit is buried in the consist for NS 310. However, NS often places the block for Gang Mills behind the DPU so photographers may have cleaner view of #8098 after the block is dropped off. I'm not sure where the train is now.
  • 1
  • 48
  • 49
  • 50
  • 51
  • 52
  • 53