Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#957561  by Allan

Martin Baumann wrote:Is photography of PATH trains allowed from the NJT/Amtrak platforms at Newark Penn Station as as far as I know it is not PANJ property?
Anything outside of the PATH turnstiles is not PATH property.

I have taken photos from the platforms. But be advised that you may be questioned by Amtrak police if someone reports you as suspicious.

Also if there are any Port Authority police on the platform - either on the inside or outside of the turnstiles - they will head in your direction.

Pick your shots carefully, take them and them move away. You can always come back.
 #959894  by R36 Combine Coach

Allan wrote:
Martin Baumann wrote:Is photography of PATH trains allowed from the NJT/Amtrak platforms at Newark Penn Station as as far as I know it is not PANJ property?
Anything outside of the PATH turnstiles is not PATH property.

I have taken photos from the platforms. But be advised that you may be questioned by Amtrak police if someone reports you as suspicious.
Newark Penn Station would be NJTPD.
 #960192  by Allan

It appears that the NJTPD spend more time on the lower level and the Amtrak PD spend more time on the platforms (but that may have been the day I was last there to take a photo or 2 of PATH.

The last time I was there I saw many officers of the Amtrak PD on the platform at track 1. I saw no NJTPD officers at all. I saw a few PAPD officers on the PATH side of the platform and one on the outside of the PATH area.