Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#912502  by VT CT Train Guy

My Train to VT said on time when I left Stamford when in Reality it was running 2 hours late. I am stuck in New Haven for 2 hours when this easily could have been noticed at stamford and I could have caught a late train and enjoyed the mall etc.. I was curious who is the one that is supposed to update the screens out of curiosity?

I will remember never to trust the screen and check the train status online from now on.
 #912645  by DutchRailnut

Ozno, the amtrak screens are not handled by MNCR so status of Amtrak trains is handled by Amtrak.
 #912734  by RearOfSignal

On all of the MNR stations I've been to the MNR and Amtrak trains are on the same screen. MNR RTC's make track change and inform MNR PA operator who run the screens. How does Amtrak control what happens or what is posted on MNR departure board. Exception being if train is delayed before entering MNR territory.
 #912745  by DutchRailnut

The MNCR PA operator can only put information on screen that is given to him by Amtrak.
Id no information is given by Amtrak it won't be created by MNCR.
In Stamford the station information is put on by Ticket agents who get information off ?? you guessed it, the Amtrak screen at Amtrak counter.
 #912773  by RearOfSignal

Correct, status of arriving trains is Amtrak but once on MNR Amtrak status no longer applies. There were power outages on the NEC which probably caused this delay before this train even came near MNR territory. So your train most likely wasn't delayed between Stamford and New Haven.