Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1069562  by MTASUPT

Ouch, CC, not always true!
 #1069823  by Clean Cab

MTASUPT wrote:Ouch, CC, not always true!

Of course there are exceptions!! :)
 #1080743  by DutchRailnut

MNCR does send all 3 inspection cars over via Hellgate every year to MMC for west of Hudson inspection trips.
I have not heard anything about one scheduled, but that may still be in making.
 #1080768  by Backshophoss

Forgive the "dumb"question-Now that the "Football specials" are up and running,would NJT be willing to tow MNR's "Inspection Fleet"
to MMC for this "annual inspection"? Allows you to skip the "middleman"(Amtrak) this way!
 #1080778  by DutchRailnut

nope, the NJT footbal trains turn for a regular Trenton Local at NYP if im not mistaken.
And i am sure that the Amtrak trackage agreement with NJT, prohibits NJT from stealing the butter of Amtrak's bread.
 #1102373  by northjerseybuff

How come they never ran a WOH trip this year?

Is it still scheduled to be replaced? or is it still on the back burner?
 #1102496  by Backshophoss

There are more pressing problems due to Sandy's aftermath,NJT in worse condition currently,
an inspection train can wait till later on after restoration work is done on MNR and NJT.
 #1102774  by northjerseybuff

I wasn't suggesting running it NOW! I just meant in general. And when will the old ex Phoebe coaches be replaced?
 #1102821  by DutchRailnut

not being replaced for while due to funding problems
as for inspection train there is no mandate to run one.
Some officials have had rides on MNCR rebuild locomotives and feel no need to run a seperate Inspection train.
 #1118634  by expbusop

Saw MN inspection train NB at HigH Bridge yard with back to back P32's. could not tell numbers from Harlem River Drive at 12:46pm about 5 min after CSX 2804 and 2724 NB running light