Railroad Forums 

• Favorite O scale train?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#3955  by Lehigh Valley Railroad

Lionel CNJ Blue Comet set.

Yours?

#8155  by Aa3rt

I hesitate to reply-the forum says (non-Lionel) and also because there's NO prototype, but my favorite O-27 GAUGE (NOT SCALE) train is the Lionel U.S. Coast Guard set my wife purchased for me a number of Christmases ago.

What can I say? She knows I'm an incurable railway enthusiast and proud of my years in the Coast Guard and Coast Guard Reserve, so what could be better than an electric train lettered "U. S. Coast Guard"? (I thanked her profusely and put the set up after Christmas, not pointing out the difference in size or incompatibility of my HO collection and this particular set. It still appears at Christmas time and is carefully packed away each year, discretion being the key. :wink: )

#8158  by RF16SHRK

:P

1. MY all time favorite is the Baldwin Sharknose ( Weaver )

2. 726RR Berkshire from the 50's. ( Lionel )

could not resist to add a number 2.