Railroad Forums 

• Conrail Shared Assets

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #751274  by mb38

I have heard from a couple reliable sources that NS has purchased out right the Philadelphia Division of Conrail Shared Assets believe the take over will occur the first quarter of 2010.
Would the existing CSA employees now be entitled to work the entire NS system ??.
 #751555  by Kaback9

Do you have any documents to back this up? I'm sure CSX would have had something to say if this was the case.
 #751595  by mb38

Sir - no I do not have documentation but information was gathered from some relatively high sources at Conrail - CSX will be buying the North Jersey Section of CSA. Lacking official documentation I do believe it is a done deal.
 #751718  by Kaback9

I'm sorry but until I see documentation on this it is rather hard to believe.
 #751880  by gp80mac

I heard CSAO - Morrisville area is supposed to go NS from the guys that worked there. They've been saying it for awhile now... I'm sure it will happen eventually.
 #751935  by Kaback9

gp80mac wrote:I heard CSAO - Morrisville area is supposed to go NS from the guys that worked there. They've been saying it for awhile now... I'm sure it will happen eventually.
Morrisvile I can see being given to NS, but I don't think North Jersey is going to be taken over by CSX. That seems a bit out there especially since both railroads need Oak Island, Port Newark and Port Reading, as they both have major customers in the area.
 #754110  by Big Bri

I too have heard that NS will be getting CSAO Stoney Creek Yard and the Chester Secondary here in Delaware County, Pa.

Maybe it is hearsay? But I've heard it from both CR and NS employees who are friends.

Big Bri