Railroad Forums 

• NYO&W and Railroads of Orange County posters

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#613305  by Otto Vondrak

The New York, Ontario & Western was a 500-mile regional railroad that dreamed of linking the port of Oswego, New York with the New York City area. The railroad was built by subscription, which explained why the line meandered this way and that, crossing difficult mountain ranges instead of following natural waterways. It was a line with interesting equipment, varied and dramatic scenery, and a close connection to the communities it served. Now wonder why the "Old Woman" still has a devoted following more than 50 years after it shut down for good. Remember the O&W with this attractive poster map, created by RAILROAD.NET's Creative Director, Otto Vondrak.

NYO&W System Map: http://www.cafepress.com/railroadnet.40924197

also of interest... RAILROADS OF ORANGE COUNTY:

Six major railroads crossed New York's Orange County to serve the important railhead at Maybrook. The sprawling Maybrook Yards were the link between the East and New England, and stretched for many miles. The Erie, the O&W, the Lehigh & Hudson River, the Lehigh & New England, the New Haven and the New York Central all converged on this spot nestled between New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Even shortlines Middletown & New Jersey and New York, Susquehanna & Western played a part. This beautiful original artwork by RAILROAD.NET's Otto Vondrak colorfully illustrates rail service as it existed at roughly mid-century. A must-have for any enthusiast of Northeastern railroading!

Railroads of Orange County (available in several sizes): http://www.cafepress.com/railroadnet.340519683

Enjoy! Every purchase goes to support the continued operation of this web site.

-otto-
 #888381  by charlie6017

Contact the original poster (Otto Vondrak) with a PM, and he should be able to assist.......

Charlie
 #888742  by peterde

Thanks for getting back to me. Is there a possibility that a high quality scan exists somewhere?
 #889013  by Otto Vondrak

peterde wrote:Thanks for getting back to me. Is there a possibility that a high quality scan exists somewhere?
Nope, these are my original artwork, and it's how I make my living. ;-)

There's a chance I may make them available again in the future on my personal site.

-otto-
 #889025  by peterde

No offense intended. I will be watching and waiting to see if they ever show up. Thanks for the answer.
 #889126  by charlie6017

Otto Vondrak wrote:There's a chance I may make them available again in the future on my personal site.
Otto,

If you do decide to do that, would you please send me a PM?

Thanks!
Charlie