Railroad Forums 

• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1546824  by Backshophoss

Y-day the last active Taglo Model 6 set made it's last run to Seattle,believe now stored there,,the Mt Rainier set is now doing the #500/#505 round trip runs
Have the ex-WIDOT sets left Milw to Seattle after the refits are done??
Also,has there been any Horizon fleet deadheaded to Seattle on the Builder?
 #1547271  by Greg Moore

Forgot to mention, while biking saw 4 PVs at Albany, one was C&O's Chapel Hill, and another was a dome.

I can't say for sure, but it seems since they redid the track layout and built to stub sidings with hotel power that I see PVs parked in Albany a lot more often. I'm hoping that's true. I know it was a goal.

And if I ever buy my own PV, I know where to park it ;-)
 #1547382  by gregorygrice

Greg Moore wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:42 pm Forgot to mention, while biking saw 4 PVs at Albany, one was C&O's Chapel Hill, and another was a dome.

I can't say for sure, but it seems since they redid the track layout and built to stub sidings with hotel power that I see PVs parked in Albany a lot more often. I'm hoping that's true. I know it was a goal.
All of those PVs are based there.
 #1548144  by jhdeasy

Private cars BABBLING BROOK and NP 313 will be on train 1(18) from New Orleans to Los Angeles. This will be the maiden voyage for the newly rebuilt North Coast Limited dome sleeper, the fourth Amtrak certified PV in the Webb Rail fleet.
 #1548258  by Greg Moore

gregorygrice wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:53 am
Greg Moore wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:42 pm Forgot to mention, while biking saw 4 PVs at Albany, one was C&O's Chapel Hill, and another was a dome.

Thanks, I'd seen them enough I thought they might be.

Before the recent upgrades, were the all based here or is this an increase?
 #1548363  by jhdeasy

Greg Moore wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:58 pm

Before the recent (Boardman era) improvements at ALB, which included providing PV parking (space for both long term storage and for transient visiting cars) on easily accessible yard sidings (with HEP and water) north of the station building, no private cars were stored on Amtrak at ALB. The cars that currently call ALB their home were stored elsewhere.

BABBLING BROOK
PACIFIC UNION
NORTHERN PACIFIC 549 (dome)
NORTHERN PACIFIC 313 (dome)
CHAPEL HILL
WISCONSIN
and at least one other car

I'm not sure who at Amtrak deserves the credit for ensuring the upgrade included provisions for PV parking, but I believe Brian Gallagher most likely played a substantial role in it.
 #1548495  by Greg Moore

jhdeasy wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:11 pm
Greg Moore wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:58 pm

Before the recent (Boardman era) improvements at ALB, which included providing PV parking (space for both long term storage and for transient visiting cars) on easily accessible yard sidings (with HEP and water) north of the station building, no private cars were stored on Amtrak at ALB. The cars that currently call ALB their home were stored elsewhere.

BABBLING BROOK
PACIFIC UNION
NORTHERN PACIFIC 549 (dome)
NORTHERN PACIFIC 313 (dome)
CHAPEL HILL
WISCONSIN
and at least one other car

I'm not sure who at Amtrak deserves the credit for ensuring the upgrade included provisions for PV parking, but I believe Brian Gallagher most likely played a substantial role in it.
Thanks, that's what I thought. It's sure nice to see that Albany has become a home to multiple PV cars. Seems like it was a good move.
 #1549128  by jhdeasy

Dante Stephensen, owner of the private car SURVIVOR, passed on July 25th. The car, which was parked on a siding alongside the NS (SR) mainline northeast of Atlanta, was his residence. The car has not moved or operated on the Amtrak system in about 15 years; it's future is uncertain.

https://www.ajc.com/things-to-do/atlant ... AZJ3RXUVU/

https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/the-survivor