Railroad Forums 

• New Site IDea

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#443528  by gprimr1

Amtrak FAQ.

I've noticed in in addition to a great number of debates, there are also questions of fact posed on all our forums (right now I"m focusing on Amtrak) and I wondered if anyone had ever considered creating either an FAQ thread or a new part of the site to index the answers of fact.

For example:

How fast does the train go at -location?

What is the max speed of a P42?

Etc.

#443982  by David Benton

Not a bad idea , perhaps as a sticky thread in the Amtrak forum . however i would note new members often "cut their teeth " with questions such as these , and discussion inevitably arises from the multitude of different correct answers .

#447674  by NHN503

Would probably be better for someone to run a RR Wiki

#448644  by gprimr1

That's an interesting idea. Is there anything similar out there? I have a web server available.

#448655  by Ken S.

Ian MacMillan wrote:Would probably be better for someone to run a RR Wiki
A Trains Wiki is located here:
http://en.trains.wikia.com/