Railroad Forums 

• Grafton & Upton Railroad (G&U) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1525077  by johnpbarlow

Here's a provocative photo taken 11/13/19 at G&U's Hopedale Yard by Edward Freedman.

http://photos.greatrails.net/showpic/?p ... toindex=-1

Anyone know what this Railrunner bogie/chassis business is - perhaps more dirty dirt is being loaded by G&U for export out of state? Presumably these containers were delivered to G&U via CSX interchange?

https://railrunner.com/terminal-anywhere-solution/
 #1525097  by bostontrainguy

Yeah, I was really surprised to see that. I thought Railrunner was pretty much a dead concept. It is a local Massachusetts company so maybe Delli Priscoli is working with them and sees some potential there? This will be interesting to watch. I always thought the Roadrailer concept was a viable product although the equipment did need an improved updated version I've been told.

The G&U is full of surprises.
Last edited by MEC407 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
 #1526123  by craven

Stopped by the Hopedale row Sunday, 11/24. Not much happening.. still messing with the new connections in the yard, Ties laid out waiting for rail.

Empty storage cars parked up to the bridge. No new construction from the bridge to Green street.

Nothing happening on the Franklin CSX connection in Milford.

Looks like the season for expansion is done. Hopefully connections will be made in 2020.
 #1527407  by johnpbarlow

A smart looking new sign has recently been erected on rte 16 identifying the driveway that accesses G&U's transload facility. But it looks any further progress on Hopedale yard track construction is on hold at least until the snow melts?
Attachments:
G&U Hopedale collage 120719 small.jpg
G&U Hopedale collage 120719 small.jpg (331.53 KiB) Viewed 3722 times
 #1530141  by craven

Stopped by the Hopedale row Sunday, 1/5/2020. Nothing happening.. Ties laid out waiting for rail.

Empty storage cars parked up to the bridge. No new construction from the bridge to Green street.

Hopefully Customers and connections to the Franklin line will be made in 2020.
 #1531665  by apple1

A track crew was working near the rte 16 crossing in Hopedale this morning 1/21. I had a green light so couldn't really see what they were doing. The only place I hope for a red light in my commute and I don't get one...
 #1532972  by johnpbarlow

Google Aerials for North Grafton area were updated recently with 8/22/19 photography so the new G&U yard and two track engine shop facility are now plainly visible.
Attachments:
G&U N Grafton Yd 082219 3.JPG
G&U N Grafton Yd 082219 3.JPG (162.14 KiB) Viewed 2275 times
 #1534659  by craven

Was at the Hopedale yard on Feb. 20 and saw two switchers moving a number of ash cars into position. The balance of cars were staged beside the transload building.

It appears that rail has been connected on the second siding in the yard and is being used.
 #1534675  by Ken Rice

Possibly stupid question... it doesn’t appear that they have a runaround (yet) in Hopedale. Since that’s the end of the line (so far), once a train arrives there how to they get the engine(s) to the other end for switching and the trip back?
 #1534687  by bostontrainguy

Backshophoss wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:49 pm The "Railrunner" is a Roadrailer type concept for container chassis.
Unknown if this was licensed from Wabash National,the current holder of the Roadrailer patents.
Are they still on the property? Have any demonstrations been done?