Railroad Forums 

• Did I blow it?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#393011  by e.sillery

I was given a conditional offer of employment with BNSF. I read here where someones offer was withdrawn due to having a wrong employment start date on their application. I went back and reviewed mine and found I also inadvertantly put the wrong date for one of my former employers.

I also entered a ticket I had gotten, expired tag, in 2003 or 2004 that I had completely forgotten about. I was thinking the application, at one time, wanted traffic tickets for past 3 years.

I also saw where my employer from 1985-2003 ws no longer on my app. and there was no way for me to add them back on.

I sent an email to BNSF's newhire telling them I had made those corrections, date and ticket, I also reentered my 1985-2003 employer information in the email. I also told them that employer was on my application when I originally filled it out.

If I caught these discrepancies and made the corrections to them and notified BNSF HR would they hold it against me and withdraw my offer? I was not hiding anything or trying to slip anything past them.

I am also interested in what work is like in East Thomas Yard in Birmingham, AL.

Any info would be much appreciated.

#393038  by gprimr1

Did it say you had to list traffic violations?