Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and transit operators in California past and present including Los Angeles Metrolink and Metro Subway and Light Rail, San Diego Coaster, Sprinter and MTS Trolley, Altamont Commuter Express (Stockton), Caltrain and MUNI (San Francisco), Sacramento RTD Light Rail, and others...

Moderator: lensovet

#1546638  by Pensyfan19

I was looking through a few old photos today and I found an E Unit, labeled SCAX 519, in a Metrolink yard in 1992, in a similar livery to the F59 next to it. Does anyone know if this E Unit ever ran for Metrolink, who it belonged to, and where it is today? Thanks.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=1716810
 #1546660  by jwhite07

It appears that was ex-CNW 5022A, later CNW and then Metra (Chicago) 519. At the time of the photo it was owned by a company called Pacific Rail Industries in Colton, CA. Best I can tell from quick internet search it eventually ended up as San Luis and Rio Grande (SLRG) 519... could not find more on its present status except a mention of the unit along with a whole lot of other Iowa Pacific equipment in a forbearance agreement between IPH and Big Shoulders Capital that was filed with the STB in 2018.