Railroad Forums 

• Governor Murphy Signs Legislation Reforming NJ TRANSIT

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1495555  by Regardie

What do we know about this?

https://nj.gov/governor/news/news/56201 ... 220a.shtml

Fair Use Quote
Governor Phil Murphy today signed legislation to comprehensively reform NJ TRANSIT’s governance and management to improve service and reliability for New Jersey commuters. The bill includes reforms to NJ TRANSIT’s board of directors to make it more responsive to commuters; expands oversight over NJ TRANSIT, both by the public and the Legislature; institutes regular disclosure of accident and safety performance reports; strengthens whistleblower protections; and creates Customer Advocate and Chief Ethics Officer positions within the agency.
Seems like something we should be discussing. I found the link on the NJTransit.com homepage and it hasn't made it here yet so I thought I would post it.
 #1496030  by GSC

Wonder what this means in English? Typical government news release lingo.
 #1496284  by Defiant

CarterB wrote:Murphy just wants more Dem hacks in control of unionized worker organizations. He has NO plan for infrastructure, just personnel changes that benefit the Dems.
Yeah OK and of course the previous Governor, Fat Moron did not appoint his friends to high positions on NJT thereby helping to degrade the service and run everything to the ground. Whatever Murphy does, he can not do worse than Fat Moron, who raised fares 36%, canceled ARC tunnel that would've given NJT some independent trans Hudson capacity, ignored PTC work and basically ruined everything. Typical performance of a Republican who thinks Government is always a problem.
 #1496362  by rr503

CarterB wrote:Murphy just wants more Dem hacks in control of unionized worker organizations. He has NO plan for infrastructure, just personnel changes that benefit the Dems.
His 200 million dollar increase in ops funding and audit that recommended a reduction in bureaucratic obfuscation suggests otherwise...

I think this legislation is absolutely a step in the right direction -- esp. in the ethics realm. A lot of questionable stuff goes on in these agencies (ConEd delays anyone?) over the objection of moral employees who have no means of recourse. Having a system by which such issues can be handled strikes me as...good.
 #1499723  by morris&essex4ever

Defiant wrote:
Yeah OK and of course the previous Governor, Fat Moron did not appoint his friends to high positions on NJT thereby helping to degrade the service and run everything to the ground. Whatever Murphy does, he can not do worse than Fat Moron, who raised fares 36%, canceled ARC tunnel that would've given NJT some independent trans Hudson capacity, ignored PTC work and basically ruined everything. Typical performance of a Republican who thinks Government is always a problem.
In other words, politicians will do what benefits their cronies no matter what party they're in. And governors don't raise fares.