Until just a few weeks ago, all NYS&W Utica branch traffic was interchanged by CSX in Utica.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Susquehanna serves the following customers in and around Utica:
1) FX Matt Brewery (via siding off the Utica Main located on Schuyler Street street trackage);
2) Oneida Warehouse, New Hartford (on ex-NYO&W trackage);
3) McCraith Beverage, New York Mills (fmr West Shore);
4) Fountainhead Group, New York Mills (fmr West Shore);
5) SCI Plywood, New York Mills (fmr West Shore); and
6) Di-Highway, New York Mills (fmr West Shore).
Just over 20 miles south of Utica, there are four customers in Waterville/Sangerfield: three feed mills and an asphalt company.
The pet food company in Sherburne, 20 miles south of Sangerfield, hasn't had a rail shipment since 2009.
The first revenue move up the line from Binghamton in 12 years occurred on June 14th when two bulkhead flats came north destined for DI-Highway, New York Mills.
UT-1 ran all the way to Chenango Forks yesterday returning the two flats brought up on the 14th. It will come north today with a boxcar for SCI Plywood, New York Mills.