Railroad Forums 

• CHFP/FPCH — Cedar Hill, New Haven to Fresh Pond, Queens

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

#1472080  by wintower

...and now at 10:05p. something went northbound over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. Saw lights of last locomotive (south facing) which had something coupled to it as evidenced by the flashing marker light.
Last edited by MEC407 on Thu May 10, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
 #1472466  by wintower

wintower wrote:A few minutes ago the CSX turn out of Oak Point crossed the L.I.R.R. (at 11:25a.) southbound and interestingly a few cars behind the engines were 25 loaded hoppers with I believe stone of some type. Black hoppers with some kind of round gold or red insignia, high up, near the top edge mid-car.
At 5:35p. the CSX turn out of Oak Point crossed over the L.I.R.R. southbound again with loaded hoppers, this time it was 19 of them. I dont know what was more interesting, the fact that the turn operated twice inside of 12 hours of the same day to Fremont or the two very old C&NW boxcars between the engines and the 19 loaded hoppers. The cars were dark green with faded yellow lettering in the upper right quadrant. (What are the odds of those two cars ending up in the same classification yard on the same departure track on the same day at the (approximate) same time?) The engines returned north, lite, at 7:10p.
 #1472550  by csx8851

Yes I stumbled across this train as well. I thought it was PW CHFP coming down after hearing the 14L horn sequence in the distance. To my surprise, it was CSX.
Last edited by MEC407 on Mon May 14, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting