• Catskill Mountain Railroad (CMRR) Discussion - 2018

  • Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

  • 290 posts
  • 1
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  by airman00
 
scoostraw wrote:I agree with some of what you say airman, but I suspect that Hein had help fighting the CMRR from the state level. It just does not ring true to me for some reason that he was that 'powerful' on his own. If what I'm thinking is correct, then him leaving for a state job will likely mean no change at all. Of course I hope I'm wrong about this.

I agree that it is way late in the game now. I think the war has probably been lost at this point. But who knows??
Oh I am convinced Ulster county had ALOT more help than we know about or even realize. This was a one-sided battle from the start. And how convenient that Mr. County Exec leaves shortly AFTER the tracks were torn up. Kinda like... “My work is done here”. Now I am not trying to be a debbie-downer here, I rooted hard for the CMRR to win, but I always and still do have a suspicion that there’s more to this story than we know. Like whatever happened to the FEMA money and why wasn’t it ever used to repair the railroad? Shouldn’t there have been some legal issue with applying for federal funds you NEVER intended to use in the first place? Forgive me I am sorry and will stop ranting now. But I have always felt something has not been right with this whole situation...
  by scoostraw
 
airman00 wrote:Oh I am convinced Ulster county had ALOT more help than we know about or even realize. This was a one-sided battle from the start. And how convenient that Mr. County Exec leaves shortly AFTER the tracks were torn up. Kinda like... “My work is done here”.
Or perhaps more like "Thanks Mike for all your help. Here is the job we promised you."
  by BandA
 
thebigham wrote:
DanD3815 wrote:The Times Herald Record is reporting that Mike Hein is leaving his position as Ulster county executive to go work in the cuomo administration....
https://www.dailyfreeman.com/news/local ... 68a1a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hein, 53, is to be paid $220,000 per year by 2021 [as the commissioner of the state Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance] after incremental salary increases, according to the Albany Times-Union. His annual salary as Ulster County executive is $133,572.
That's a huge increase. I assume that this type of job probably only lasts as long as the present governor remains in office, so riskier than county executive for life.
  by sd80mac
 
BandA wrote:That's a huge increase. I assume that this type of job probably only lasts as long as the present governor remains in office, so riskier than county executive for life.

Cuomo's good for another 4 years. Hein would have another election sometime soon - next year? or 2 years from now? So he's guarantee for 4 years.
  • 1
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20