Railroad Forums 

• Visionline 700E Hudson

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1443433  by blueline1962

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a problem I am having. My Visionline 700E Hudson is acting strange. When I power it up and begin the startup sequence, the only sounds I hear are the cab/control tower talk, bell, whistle, etc. What I don't hear are the sounds when it is sitting idle on the track, or the chuff when I roll it out. I tried resetting the engine numerous times to no effect. I then separated the loco from the tender and when I powered up the track again, I could hear all the normal sounds from the tender (chuff, etc.) I then connected the locomotive to the tender and when I rolled it out, all the sounds again were normal. When I powered down then powered up and tried to start the sequence again, the same problem occurred. I then tried it in conventional mode and all the sounds were normal. So I am at a loss. I supsect it may be coming from the legacy control station but am not sure. I have a question out to Lionel but am hoping someone can give me some feedback. I would hate to spend a fortune to fix this. Looking foward to hearing from anyone regarding this.

Ciao!