Railroad Forums 

• Train Simulator Sales

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#1426187  by NaugyRR

Anyone take advantage of the March Madness sale? I know I splurged a bit, haha.
 #1426467  by NaugyRR

I picked up the 73 but haven't had a chance to run it yet. Flipping through the owners manual it looks like I'll be running it in diesel mode with the Raildriver; E-mode appears to have the tap changer controls like the Class 86 and 87, which only works with the keyboard.

Here's everything I ended up getting with the sale. I had some extra cash to spend and figured the next Winter Sale is a long wait, so why not fill in some blank spots in my collection.

- BR Class 73 'Gatwick Express
- Gatwick Express Class 442 'Wessex' Add-On
- Sacramento Northern: Suisun Bay – San Francisco Route Add-On
- Southern Trains Class 455/8 Loco Add-On
- Network SouthEast Class 415 '4EPB' EMU + South London Network Route Twin Pack
- Leipzig Route Add-On
- Hamburg S1 S-Bahn Route + DB BR 114 Twin Pack
- Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco – San Jose Route Add-On
- Chatham Main Line Route + BR Blue Diesel & Electrics Twin Pack
- Hamburg Lubeck Route+DB BR 474.3+DB BR 605 ICE TD Collection
- North London Line Route + DB Class 59/2 Twin Pack
- London Overground BR Class 313 EMU Add-On
- North Jersey Coast Line Scenario Pack 01 Add-On

I also got the Class 442 Sound Pack from Armstrong Powerhouse.

So far I've run the first Baby Bullet scenario on the Peninsula Corridor and a few of the introduction scenarios on the Sacramento Northern. I feel like the MP36 from the Peninsula Corridor DLC would really benefit from a FanRailer sound mod, but otherwise the route's pretty fun. It'll be nice when the DTG F40 and N-S bilevels are released for the route. I really enjoyed the S-N, it reminded me a lot of the old London & Port Stanley route for MSTS, and I'm looking forward to running the other scenarios. It'd be cool if G-Trax decided to offer an expansion with the Key System; I always found the articulated "Bridge Units" to be pretty cool.

I'm gonna try to run some of the UK DLC this week after work, and I need a refresh on SIFA/LZB/German signalling before I run the DB stuff.
 #1426621  by NaugyRR

The 442 works fine with the controller, but the way the notches are set up on the 73 for 'run up' and 'run down' make running that awkward. I took the 73 for a quick spin last night and the thing's a rocket in diesel mode, haha.